January 17, 2023
Tips to Winterize Your Home
Winterizing your home is a great way to help keep your home comfortable, efficient, and safe during the cold months. Here are some tips to help you out:
- Weatherstrip your windows and doors: Check for gaps and cracks around windows and doors and seal them with weatherstripping to help keep the warm air in and the cold air out.
- Schedule some time to winterize your pipes with insulation. Check your local hardware store for pre-slit pipe foam. This will decrease the chances of your pipes freezing and causing severe damage.
- Clean or replace your furnace filter: Regularly clean or replace your filter to help keep your furnace running efficiently.
- Insulate your attic: Add insulation to the attic to help keep warm air in and cold air out.
- Clean your gutters: Clean your gutters to ensure water can flow freely away from your home and not cause any problems.
- Check your siding: Inspect your siding for any cracks or loose boards. If necessary, repair or replace any damaged siding to keep the cold air out.
- Have your chimney inspected: Have your chimney inspected for any cracks or signs of wear and tear. If necessary, have it repaired or replaced to help keep your home warm and safe.
By following these tips, you can help keep your home comfortable and energy efficient all winter long!
If you didn’t have time to winterize your home and you’ve experienced damage, report a claim or contact your independent insurance agent.