Landlord’s Insurance (Dwelling Fire)

When you’re not around, we’re still here to protect your investment.

Landlord’s insurance, or Dwelling Fire policies, protect property owners who rent out their homes, apartments, condos or other buildings. They also protect your secondary or seasonal home. The coverage combines both property and liability protection to protect you from potential losses.

When you have landlord’s insurance, or a dwelling fire policy, with us, you can expect the following coverage:

Landlord Apartment BuildingBuilding and Other Structures: If the building or other detached structure you rent is damaged by fire, lightning, explosion, vandalism, hail or another covered loss, your policy will cover the repairs.Landlord PropertyLandlord's Property: If you own property to care for the rental, such as a snow blower, lawn mower or other tools, your policy will protect this equipment if damages occur.
Personal LiabilityPersonal Liability: When you rent out your property, you are exposed to many liability claims. If a tenant is injured on the property, you could be liable. Your policy can cover losses associated with medical payments, legal fees, settlement costs and more up to $1 million.Fair Rental ValueFair Rental Value: If your property becomes uninhabitable due to a tragedy or covered loss, you are eligible to receive payment for the rent amount lost if tenants are displaced.
Equipment Breakdown CoverageOther Coverage: As part of our policy, we offer Service Line and Equipment Breakdown coverage. Our enhanced protection offers extended Replacement Cost and Water Back Up coverage. We will also consider secondary homes without writing your primary home.

If you’re interested in learning how we can protect your property, find an agent in your area.