March 1, 2022
Spring Cleaning Checklist
Spring is a fresh start- the perfect time to deep clean your space! Here’s our list of suggestions for your spring cleaning this year.
- Dust ceiling fans and light fixtures. Dusty fans and ceiling light fixtures can easily be overlooked, as we often aren’t able to see the dirt and dust accumulate up there. Take this opportunity to give them a good wipe down, especially ceiling fans, as the dust can circulate throughout the room once the fan is turned on.
- Test the batteries in carbon monoxide and smoke detectors. This is something that should be done regularly as a safety measure.
- Wipe down baseboards and remove cobwebs from corners.
- Disinfect high-touch surfaces. Some common high-touch areas include doorknobs, light switches, faucets, etc.
- Clean the refrigerator and defrost the freezer. It is good to empty the refrigerator every once in a while, wipe down the shelves and get rid of anything old or expired. Make sure to clean behind and beneath the refrigerator (but unplug the appliance first!), as these areas can get dusty. Defrosting the freezer is also a good idea while you’re at it.
- Wash windows. Remove window screens and wash them with soap and water. While screens are removed, wash the outside of your windows as well.
- Deep clean the bathroom. Clean in and around your bathroom fixtures thoroughly, throw out any expired products, unclog drains, and change your shower curtain.
- Clean and repair gutters. Cleaning and fixing your home’s gutters will prepare them for heavy spring and summer rain. Be careful if using a ladder to reach your gutters, or hire a professional to do the job.
Happy Spring Cleaning!