Providence Mutual is seeking candidates for a Field Claims Adjuster for its Rhode Island territory . The Field Claims Adjuster position is responsible for handling low to moderate exposure Personal & Commercial property claims requiring field investigations and/or inspections. They must establish rapport with our policyholders and maintain relationships with our agents, underwriters, contractors, restoration vendors, and experts. They are expected to know their territory, including the geography; regulations, and the law as pertains to property claims; state and local public safety and regulatory agencies and officials; the insurance and legal climate; and public adjusters. Outside property adjusters may use the company claims office location as their base of operations, or they may work out of their homes.
- Ability to formulate sound expense, indemnity, and business judgment while supporting loss evaluations and presenting them effectively.
- In-depth knowledge of both commercial and residential structures.
- Ability to write damage estimates for structures using estimating software and evaluate the amount of loss for personal property and business interruption losses.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Communication, analytical, investigative, and negotiation skills are essential.
- Makes decisions in an informed, confident and timely manner.
- Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups. Demonstrates ability to win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Promotes and facilitates free and open communication.
- Understanding of applicable statutes, regulations, and case law.
- Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies, and develops solutions to problems in a timely manner.
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements or priorities.
- Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Operates with latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Computer literacy required. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with remote access and connectivity from the field. Ability to work with multi-faceted systems.
- A company car is provided, and a valid state driver’s license and clean MVR are necessary for employment.
- Maintain company vehicle and/or other company-issued assets in safe/good working condition at all times and ensures the upkeep/cleanliness of same to promote the appropriate company image.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Minimum of 3 years insurance carrier experience handling multi-line P&C claims with an emphasis on property claims or experience as an adjuster in other lines with previous experience in building/construction and/or in restoration/mitigation services or substantially similar fields.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance