What kind of information will help you in settling my claim?
We’re glad you asked! Here are some simple things you can do to assist in processing your claim:
- Notify us promptly about a loss or accident regardless of how small you think it may be. What may seem insignificant may not end up being so minor: A third party later may make a claim, even though no injuries or damage were reported at the time of loss.
- File a police report and document all details from the incident, including contact information for all witnesses and possible claimants.
- Make an inventory (including description, value and photographs) of any personal property that is damaged, destroyed or stolen.
- If any of your personal information, credit or bank cards are stolen, immediately notify the police and your bank and credit card companies. Ask your agent about our Identity911 enhancement and how it can help to protect you further.
- Keep track of any expenses that you pay due to the loss: These may be reimbursable under your policy.
Have additional questions? Call your agent, or contact our claims department. We are always happy to help you.